How to pair your Schlage smart lock with your new smart device.
Friday, December 27, 2019
So, you received a new smart home device for Christmas? Here’s a list of resources to help you get connected with your Schlage smart lock quickly and easily.
We know a deadbolt might be a bit of a strange Christmas gift. But we also know it happens (and we thank you). More likely, perhaps, you got a new smart home hub like Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Apple HomeKit™ or Nexia for the holidays. Maybe it’s a new voice control assistant like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant that you want to sync with your Schlage smart lock. Here’s a list of resources to help you get connected quickly and easily.
Before you can sync your devices, make sure the lock is properly installed on your door and that you have the smartphone app that coincides with your hub and lock. You may need to create an account and complete some initial start-up steps via the app before pairing your devices. Find step-by-step interactive installation instructions for the Schlage Encode, Schlage Connect and Schlage Sense deadbolts online.
Now let’s get connected.
Why pair SmartThings with the Schlage Connect™ Smart Deadbolt?
- Let in trusted friends and family or secure the deadbolt if you forgot by locking and unlocking your door from anywhere using the SmartThings app
- Gain peace of mind by checking the status of your lock from your smartphone
- Get app alerts when a user code is entered so you know who is coming and going from your home
- More advanced features with the Schlage Connect lock with Z-Wave Plus
To pair your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with Samsung SmartThings, open the SmartThings app on your mobile device and tap on Home. Under Things, choose Add a Thing and follow the directions in the app. At the end of enrollment, a green light on your lock indicates success.
Why pair Wink with the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt - Z-Wave Plus?
- Let in trusted friends and family or secure the deadbolt if you forgot by locking and unlocking your door from anywhere using the Wink app
- Add and delete user codes at any time and from anywhere via the Wink app, like when you need to give access to a trusted friend while you’re stuck at work
- Check the battery level via the Wink app
- Create convenient shortcuts and more advanced features
To sync your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus to your Wink hub, open the Wink app on your mobile device and follow the app’s instructions. When you have successfully connected your devices, you will see a flashing green check mark on the lock. The Wink app will also indicate that it has found the lock.
Why pair Nexia with the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt - Z-Wave Plus?
- Let in trusted friends and family or secure the deadbolt if you forgot by locking and unlocking your door from anywhere using a compatible app
- Add and delete user codes at any time and from anywhere from your mobile device, like when you need to give access to a trusted friend while you’re stuck at work
- Check the battery level via the Wink app
- Get app alerts when a user code is entered
- Use Google Assistant to control your Schlage Connect lock with voice commands
Get step-by-step instructions for how to add your Z-Wave Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt to your Nexia Bridge.
Apple TV®, iPad® or HomePod
The Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt is compatible with a variety of Apple® devices, including Apple TV, iPad and Homepod. Why pair one of these devices with the Schlage Sense lock and Bluetooth technology?
- Control your lock and manage settings from anywhere with the Schlage Home app and one of the Apple devices above, which can give you greater convenience and security
- Allow your lock to work in tandem with other Apple HomeKit™-enabled devices in your home through the Apple Home app
- Use Siri® to lock and unlock your door for hands-free convenience
- Receive notifications when the lock is used so you know who is coming and going from your home when the lock is connected to the Apple device or within Bluetooth range
To set up remote connectivity with Apple HomeKit using a compatible Apple TV, iPad or HomePod, open the Schlage Home app on your iOS device and choose “Continue with HomeKit.” Once you’ve chosen the “Continue with HomeKit” option, follow the instructions provided in the Schlage Home app.
Don’t forget that you can use voice assistants with your smart deadbolts, too. In most cases, you’ll need to use one of the smart hubs above to take advantage of the compatibility between your lock and Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri.
Because of its built-in WiFi, you don’t need a smart hub to connect your Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt with an Alexa-enabled device. To start using your Schlage Encode lock with Alexa, access the Alexa app on your smartphone, choose the Schlage Home skill and follow the instructions in the app.
If you have the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with Zigbee technology, you’ll need Amazon Key, Echo Plus or Samsung SmartThings. Use the links below for instructions on how to connect your Schlage Connect deadbolt with Zigbee to Alexa.
Samsung SmartThings is also compatible with Schlage Connect Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus technology, as are Wink and Nexia. Use the links below for instructions on how to connect your Schlage Connect deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus to Alexa.
To pair Google Assistant with your Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt, follow these instructions.
If you’re a Google Assistant user and have the Schlage Sense deadbolt, make sure you have the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter to take advantage of voice control capabilities. Find instructions here.
With Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus, you’ll need Nexia to access voice control through Google Assistant. Find instructions here.