Give Dad the gift of laughter this Father’s Day.
Monday, June 14, 2021
Make dad proud this year and share some of these door and lock puns with him. Happy Father’s Day!
Riddle me this
- You may enter, but you may not come in. I have space, but no room. I have keys, but open no lock. What am I?
- I never ask questions but am always answered. What am I?
- What do you call a silly doorbell?
Read to the end to get the answers.
“Relationship” advice only a father can give
- If you ever get locked out of your house, just talk to your lock calmly. Communication is key.
- Knocking on a door is so violent. Instead, try talking to the door to get it to open up to you.
- My wife said she expects the house to be clean by the time she walks in the door, so I changed all the locks.
That last one is a good example of what not to do … unless you enjoy being single.
It’s good to have a hobby
- I found a book about locks … but I just couldn’t get into it.
- I’m writing a song about getting my door lock replaced. There’s a key change at the end.
- Knowing how to pick locks has really opened a lot of doors for me.
- Why do baseball players never lock their doors? Because they’re always safe at home.
“Hey, Dad. Wanna have a catch?” I’m not crying; you’re crying.
When you need a locksmith …
- What’s a locksmith’s favorite pasta? Gnocchi.
- What does a locksmith have for brunch? Quiche.
- I adopted a dog from a locksmith. As soon as we got home, he made a bolt for the door.
- What’s a locksmith’s favorite animal? A donkey.
Shout-out to all those locksmith dads out there! Now shut the door. We’re not paying to heat the whole neighborhood.
Someone answer the door!
Who’s there? Mikey.
Mikey isn’t working. Open up!
Sounds like they need a smart lock!
Doris locked. That’s why I’m knocking.
Botany good locks lately?
Might we suggest a Schlage?
Ken I come in or do I have to climb through a window!
It’s all fun and games until someone gets stuck and you have to call the fire department.
If you want to give Dad something besides a smile and a belly laugh this year, find more Father’s Day gift ideas with the Schlage Gift Guides.
Ready for those riddle answers?
- The thing that has keys but doesn’t open a lock? It’s a computer.
- What never asks questions but is always answered? A door, of course.
- That silly doorbell? It’s a ding-dong.