Say it and celebrate it with a DIY letter board.
Friday, January 15, 2021
Keep reading for some DIY letter board tips and some of our favorite quotes for every time of year.
4 ways to make a DIY message board
Always Rooney used a frame, dowels and wood glue to build a simple message board. The Scrabble-style letters are made with some flat birch wood and stick-on letters.
Message board ideas
But what to put on your new message board? Here’s a selection of some of our favorite letter board quotes for holidays, every day and special events.
- 365 new days. 365 new chances.
- May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s Resolutions.
- Have a cup of cheer.
- Dear 2020, Bye Felicia.
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
- Love is in the air. Nope, that’s bacon.
- You’re the exclamation mark in the happiest sentence that I could ever write.
- All my better days are the ones spent with you.
- A house is made of walls and beams. A home is built with love and dreams.
- You’re the cheese to my macaroni.
St. Patrick’s Day
- Shake your shamrock.
- The leprechauns made me do it.
- Luck is believing you’re lucky.
- A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.
- Wishing you a pot o’ gold and all the joy your heart can hold.
- It’s almost spring. I’m so excited, I wet my plants.
- The earth laughs in flowers.
- Alexa, skip to spring break.
- Some bunny loves you.
- How do I like my eggs? Cadbury.
- Mom was right about everything.
- The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.
- May your coffee be stronger than your toddler.
- When I don’t know how to do something, I A. Google it or B. Call my mom.
- Mom: A title just above queen.
- Raising kids is a walk in the park … Jurassic Park.
- A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
- Without dads, we wouldn’t have dad jokes.
- When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.
- There’s nothing that dad and duct tape can’t fix.
- Summer should get a speeding ticket.
- Boat waves, sun rays and lake days.
- Summer as an adult: You get to do the same old things but sweatier.
- Bold stripes, bright stars, brave hearts.
- Party like it’s 1776.
Back to School
- The future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
- Keep calm and study like Granger.
- Dear Tea, No disrespect but this is a job for coffee. – Finals
- Education is our passport to the future.
- At this point, my blood type is PSL.
- Thanks, fall. My muffin top is now a pumpkin roll.
- You’re never too old to jump into a pile of leaves.
- Fall is that beautiful moment between sweat and hypothermia.
- Oh my gourd, I love fall.
- I put a spell on you and now you're wine.
- If zombies are chasing us, I'm tripping you. Nothing personal.
- If one door closes and another opens, your house is probably haunted.
- Creep it real.
- Trick or treat yo’ self.
- Grateful for the big things, small things and everything in between.
- Gratitude changes everything.
- May your turkey be moist … and may no one use that word to describe it.
- Thanksgiving: Not a good day to be my pants.
- I’m only a morning person on Black Friday.
- Sweaters, hot chocolate, cozy blankets, baking cookies.
- January is like Monday … but longer.
- To Do: Make snow angels. Go ice skating. Eat a whole roll of cookie dough. Snuggle.
- Hey Elsa? The cold actually bothers the rest of us.
- It’s like winter is really mad and keeps storming out of the room and then coming back yelling, “And another thing!”
- Just gonna go lay under the tree to remind my family that I am a gift.
- Deck the halls with shiplap and freshly cut pine garland, fa la la la la la la la laaaa
- Leave me alone. I’m watching Hallmark movies.
- Free reindeer poop.
- This Christmas instead of gifts, I’m giving everyone my opinion. Get excited.
- I’m growing a human. What did you do today?
- You don’t realize how many people you dislike until you have to name a baby.
- Pink or blue, we love you.
- Don’t tell a mom she looks tired. She knows that. Tell her she’s doing a great job. She may not know that.
- Nothing in this bag belongs to me. #MomLife
- I’m “I just used the hashtag #garagegoals” years old.
- Throw pillows are the stuff animals of grown women.
- Sorry about the mess but we live here.
- You call it empty nest. I call it new craft room.
- I’m at the “admires subway tile” phase of adulthood.
- If speaking kindly to plants helps them grow, imagine what speaking kindly to humans can do.
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
- Less is more. Unless it’s kindness. Or sleep. Or toilet paper.
- Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
- Be a fountain, not a drain.