From gadgets to brews, Father’s Day gift ideas for every dad.
Friday, June 7, 2019
- Digital or laser measuring tool: If a handy dad has taught you anything, it’s “Measure twice, cut once.” Make that even easier with pocket-sized laser technology. Simple and convenient will always make Dad smile.
- Pocketknife or multi-tool: It’s not always clear why he needs a pocketknife on hand at all times. Maybe it’s his Boy Scout days – be prepared! But if it makes him happy, why not? A good multi-tool like a Leatherman, especially if it includes a knife, is another can’t-miss.
- Marvel Thor Hammer Tool Set: Because he’s your superhero.
- Smart locks: Our previous suggestions still hold true, but we’d also add the new Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt to that list. Dad will know the house and his family are secure with any of these options, and the Schlage Encode lock provides additional convenience with it’s built-in WiFi, no hubs or accessories needed. Be sure to check out the other smart home technology it’s compatible with and help Dad build the connected home of his dreams.
- Hotspot/Power bank: This gem of a gadget can help Dad stay connected from almost anywhere. It’s great for traveling or the backyard where he might want a stronger WiFi signal to play music during an outdoor party or while getting some work done on the deck.
- Wireless lantern with speaker: If Dad likes to entertain but doesn’t want to be tied down, check out this rechargeable party lantern. It even has a remote, and what Dad doesn’t love one of those?
- Beer garden: Put your own gardening and DIY skills to the test and make him a beer garden. HGTV shows you how to use bottles to create a trellis for hops to climb in this perfect-for-dad container garden.
- Home brewing gear: If you’ve inspired him with the beer garden, gift Dad the equipment to make his own brew at home. The Strategist has options for beginners and more experienced masters.
- BBQ multi-tool: Bob Vila introduced us to this multi-function grilling accessory. Is it tongs? Is it a spatula? Is it a bottle opener, knife, grill scraper and fork? Yes, yes and yes. Is it also cool? You bet.
- Utility cart grilling station: Some elbow grease and your love can turn a tool cart into the perfect work surface for the patio. Check out HGTV’s tips for building the perfect grilling station. We think it would also make a pretty terrific bar cart, if that’s more up Dad’s alley.
- Grilling light: Whether it’s a late-night BBQ or the equally awesome pre-dawn start-roasting-the-whole-hog extravaganza, Dad needs to see what he’s doing. Delish shows us the Magnetic Barbecue Grill Light and we’re disappointed we didn’t think of this sooner ourselves.
- Solar-powered charging bank: When Dad hits the trails, make sure he can still stay powered up. Just because he’s enjoying nature doesn’t mean he has to go totally prehistoric.
- Fire starter: A windproof way to light a fire on the trail? Dad will be saying, “Yes, please” and “Thank you” with this suggestion from Fresh Off the Grid, which also features a flashlight.
- Cast iron skillet: Business Insider hit the nail on the head – cast iron cookers are ideal for car camping because of their weight – but what dad wouldn’t want to feel like a cowboy, cooking vittles over the open fire? Plus, when he uses it at home, you might be on the receiving end of a delicious grilled pizza.
- Hose timer: You can get Dad a nice no-kink hose for hassle-free convenience, or go a step further and add economic- and environmentally friendly on top of that with a hose timer. He can schedule when the yard gets watered, saving him time and money so he can spend more with you.
- Soil test kit: If he takes a scientific approach to his gardening, Dad definitely needs this at-home kit that tells him exactly what nutrients his plants need. Make him the green guru of the neighborhood and take your curb appeal to the next level.