Schlage Sense firmware update available
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Schlage Sense Lock firmware version 3.58, addressing recent connectivity issues, is available for public download. Updating is easy with the Schlage Sense app. Here's what you can expect.
You should see an alert that a firmware update is available. If you do not - or if you opt to update at a later time - tap the Settings (gear icon) in the Schlage Sense app, select Lock Information and tap Firmware Version.
Updating the firmware on your lock should only take 15-20 minutes. The following tips will help you troubleshoot should you run in to any difficulties while updating your lock's firmware.
- Your phone's Bluetooth must be turned on.
- The phone must remain within Bluetooth range (40 feet) of the lock.
- If the firmware does not finish within 15-20 minutes, cancel (go back) the firmware update, the app may be attempting to update the lock through an Apple TV. You can force the firmware update to use Bluetooth by turning Airplane Mode on, turn Bluetooth on, and restart the firmware update.
If you are having trouble connecting to the lock with the Schlage Sense app, try the following:
- Turn your phone's Bluetooth on.
- Disconnect and reconnect the lock's batteries -- then attempt to connect again.
- If this is not successful, reboot your iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) -- then attempt to connect again.
If the steps above are not successful, factory reset your lock and pair with your phone again with the following steps:
- Disconnect the lock's batteries.
- Press and hold the Schlage button on the lock's touchscreen.
- Reconnect the lock's batteries.
- Release the Schlage button on the lock's touchscreen.
- Observe the lock's touchscreen flashing the green check. This is confirmation that the factory reset was successful.
- You will need to delete lock from the Schlage Sense app by tapping the home name, Manage Homes, select the home, EDIT, and delete the lock. If the Schlage Sense app is displaying the introductory screen, try deleting the lock from the Apple Home app (tap and hold the lock > details > remove accessory).
- Return to the Schlage Sense app main screen and add a new lock (top right corner).
At Schlage, we appreciate your patience as we've worked to resolve these issues. As a brand trusted in over 40 million homes, we continue to invest in the Schlage SenseTM Smart Deadbolt to improve the user experience, add new features, and enhance its convenience to our customers.